STVO is committed to building strong partnerships with its local veterinary community to serve as a referral service for animals suffering from advanced ocular disease. Our board-certified doctors and trained staff will always make themselves available to answer questions and review cases so together we can provide the best care for patients.
The STVO specialists can provide, but are not to be limited,
to the following skills:
- Full ocular and vision examinations
- Sedated examination when necessary
- Diagnostic procedures such as blood serologic testing, ocular ultrasonography and ERG (testing for specific retinal disease)
- Surgical procedures for the eyelid: distichia and ectopic cilia
- Corrective procedures for entropion, ectropion, prolapsed gland of the third eyelid (cherry eye), eyelid or conjunctival tumors, dermoids, and reconstructive blepharoplasty
- Laser retinopexy
- Corneal laceration repair and complicated ulcer management
- Micro-incision cataract surgery with foldable hydrophilic replacement lenses
- Glaucoma management and surgery
- Surgery for general trauma to the globe
- Medical treatment for many ophthalmic conditions such as keratoconjuctivitis sicca (dry eye), allergic conjunctivitis, uveitis, hypertenisive retinopathy, and various retinal diseases.
How do I Refer a New Patient?
To refer a new patient to STVO, please call 210.930.8383, ext 3 to directly speak to one of our specialists.
In order for us to provide excellent care for your patients, we ask all referring veterinarians to please fill out our New Referral Registration Form, which can then be faxed to 210.858.0196 or email directly to one of the specialists.