STVO focuses on diagnosing and treating eye conditions of small animals while emphasizing preventative medicine whenever possible. We will not overlook the overall health and wellness of our patients.
Our specialists can provide, but are not to be limited, to the following skills:
- Full ocular and vision examinations
- Sedated examination when necessary
- Diagnostic procedures such as blood serologic testing, ocular ultrasonography and ERG (testing for specific retinal disease)
- Surgical procedures for the eyelid: distichia and ectopic cilia
- Corrective procedures for entropion (eyelids rolling in), ectopion (eyelids rolling out), prolapsed gland of the third eyelid (cherry eye), eyelid or conjunctival tumors, dermoids, and reconstructive blepharoplasty
- Laser retinopexy
- Corneal laceration repair and complicated ulcer management
- Micro-incision cataract surgery with foldable hydrophilic replacement lenses
- Glaucoma management and surgery
- Surgery for general trauma to the globe
- Medical treatment for many ophthalmic conditions such as keratoconjuctivitis sicca (dry eye), allergic conjunctivitis, uveitis, hypertenisive retinopathy, and various retinal diseases.
STVO offers OFA-ECR (Eye Certification Registry) examinations by appointment for each patient. As a courtesy, we ask that you arrive ten minutes before your examination time to fill out the necessary forms and to allow time for pupil dilation. ECR forms are triplicate and must be filled out at your appointment time. Bring all registration paperwork with you.
Each examination screens for ocular diseases that are considered inherited, which differ between breeds. Our board-certified veterinary ophthalmologist will examine and perform a full ophthalmic examination of both eyes at each exam. Because inherited eye diseases can appear at anytime during an animal's lifetime, ECR examinations can be done as early as 7 weeks of age and are required annually.
Make an Appointment
Our office hours are from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday, by appointment only, due to
specific hours dedicated daily to ophthalmic examinations, consultations, and patient surgery.
Please call 210.930.8383, ext 3 to make your appointment today.
Patients seen after hours will be charged an emergency fee.
24-hours notice is required for all appointment changes or cancellations.